Tuesday, June 23, 2009

The Witch is Dead!

'Ding!Dong! The Witch is Dead!'
Omg! I just got this from E!
They are officially making E! News a Speidi FREE ZONE! Woohoo! I think it is good of them to finally help end Speidi's 15 minutes of fame!!! =D
OK, Moving on to more annoying things.. Isn't anyone else here annoyed with the fact that in this semester, the number of students for each selective is limited?!
I mean, if you are going to do that, then tell me again what's the point in calling it a selective if there is a HIGH chance that we aren't going to get our first choice?
Based on what I have heard from my friends, most of us are interested in a particular selective, and there is also a chance that some of us are going to end up in something we don't even like! And they say 'Choose according to what you like'. How are we suppose to choose according to interest when at the end of the day, if we aren't kiasu enough to claw our way there, we will be allocated to something we aren't even interested in? If this is the way the system works then I think the title of the module should not be "Selective"
I think the idea of allocating a specified number of places for it is ridiculous as all of us here PAID the same amount and I think we all deserve to do what we like not do something because "the places are full". I dunno, to me it just doesn't seem to make any sense at all.
Maybe they are doing it because certain Selectives get very poor response from the students but doesn't that say something? Something which might sound like 'We don't like this topic?'
I think that it is only fair that everyone is given equal opportunity to do what interests us the most. But I don't think we can do anything about it now.. I just can't wait for the evaluation forms for this semester to come..
Love,
Lady Sha Sha

4 comments:

anitha said...

i have to agree with u...
im totally unhappy with the quota system...
it not fair...for students who dont get the 1st choice...
and i hope no one will end up with their last choice(which is impossible)

Shamala said...

I hope so la...it depends..i'm afraid that the last few ppl who submit will be unfortunate to get it.. :(.. Let's hope for the best!!!

Siew Li said...

Like they say, if life gives you lemons (last choice), squeeze the life out of that lemon and use its blood to make lemon juice.Lets hope for the best and do our best!On-On!

Shamala said...

haha! nice words siew li!