Sunday, May 17, 2009

On The Road Again

“Everybody wants to be a cat”

Hello people!

I travelled to Ipoh and back in a single day. Yay! Never liked staying over at my aunts place anyway. Let’s just say I don’t like my relatives cause I think they’re screwed up and thank God they don’t read blogs. Not mine at least. Anyway, the trip to Ipoh was fun, although I never got to execute my plan to scatter the notes along the highway because my parents wouldn’t allow it. :( but it was fun.

We had Chicken Rice for lunch and I must say, no trip to Ipoh is complete without having the Chicken Rice there. But I discovered a shop somewhere in Ipoh town where they served up delicious DimSum and Char Kuey Teow. Yummy! A trip to Ipoh is indeed a gastronomical one. In my List of places with Good Food in Malaysia, Ipoh is like at 3rd place, cause Penang will forever be at the number 1 spot and Gombak/KL is at 2nd place.

With food nicely settled in my stomach, I had nothing much to do around my aunts house so I was lounging around when I got this song stuck in my head. How many of you guys watched The Aristocats when you were kids?? You might be able to remember the song which goes “Everybody wants to be a cat…” and I can’t remember the words to it cause I last saw it when I was 12 or something. I had that song stuck in my head the whole time today, so yea, I was like this retarded person walking around my aunts house singing just that line. And now I’m all nostalgic and am attempting to download the movie and watch it (yay!) If you guys need a flashback moment to remind which movie it was, it was the one with the talking cats in it. And i think it was a 1970 movie..not sure..but it was old. I just love old disney movies like Snow White, Sleeping Beauty, and all those cartoons cause they remind me of when I was like 4/5 years old and my parents will leave for work and my mom was teaching the morning session of school so she would leave me and my brothers with the nanny and supply us with the tapes of all the cartoons (Yes, we used TAPES!?!! Can you imagine how ancient that is???) to keep us occupied till she gets back which was usually around 1.30pm. Gosh, I miss my good ol’ days..

Anyway, after searching high and low, I finally found the lyrics to the song which is still stuck in my head and now I can sing along to it!!! *giggles* Actually it wasn’t hard to find.. Thank God for google and the fact that I no longer live in an age where we use TAPES to watch movies via the VCR!

Sing along if you can cause I know I can! :)

“Everybody wants to be a cat”

Everybody wants to be a cat,
because a cat's the only cat
who knows where it's at.
Everybody's pickin' up on that feline beat,
'cause everything else is obsolete.
Now a square with a horn,
can make you wish you weren't born,
ever'time he plays;
and with a square in the act,
he can set music back
to the caveman days.
I've heard some corny birds who tried to sing,
but a cat's the only cat
who knows how to swing.
Who wants to dig
a long-haired gig
or stuff like that?
When everybody wants to be a cat.
A square with that horn,
makes you wish you weren't born,
ever'time he plays;
and with a square in the act,
he's gonna set this music back
to the Stone Age days.
Everybody wants to be a cat,
because a cat's the only cat
who knows where it's at;
while playin' jazz you always has a Welcome mat,
'cause everybody digs a swingin' cat.
Everybody digs a swingin' cat.


 



Go to fullsize image



Love,



Lady Sha Sha



p/s: For those who took the “How well you know me quiz”, I recently started wearing make up, I know that may contradict my previous statement, but I’m a girl, we like to play around with stuff. I am currently just into mascaras and want to achieve the Adam Lambert look with the eye liner, but my mom said, “I raised a daughter, please look like girl, not like a hantu” So I don’t think I’ll be trying out the Goth look anytime now.. :(

4 comments:

km-y said...

i love disney movies too and yes, i watched them on TAPES last time when i was small as well! =) happy holidays sham.

Shamala said...

Haha! those were the good ol' days I tell ya'!Now we watch our movies DVD. :D
Happy hols dear!

princesz said...

i lurrve disney movies too! =)
hahaha....dont go goth babe. be chic and classy.
oooh and i found out what A's name is. i ignored he's request coz i din knw hu he was :)

Shamala said...

Haha! He' so annoying.. (opps, now ppl know "it" is a guy)Good thing you ignored him. I wanted to like block him now that I accidently added him, but then I'll look like a total biatch, so i'll just do the whole ignoring thing we did..:p