Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Lambert vs. Allen : The Most Bizarre AI Finals!

Ok, so here it is, just hours away from the finale of American Idol. I’m so excited, I just can’t stop talking about it. This time around, I think it’s gonna be greater than last years David vs. David showdown. People are going to vote, this time around, not only based on the vocal capabilities of each singer, but also their character. Which is why I said that this time around, whoever America decides to crown as the “Idol” will say a lot about how open-minded the Americans are. I was reading an article in The Star today which mentioned something about Kris being a worship leader or something like that which means, he will be receiving votes from religious Americans. I say this because I think that extremely religious people are usually the ones who have issues accepting homosexuals and Adam being one, and Kris a religious person, it is most likely that they will be voting for Kris. Not to mention the oldies who are facing difficulties in accepting homosexuals into the society. I remember watching Regis on YouTube where he questioned whether Adam should be allowed to be on the show now that pictures of him kissing another guy were being circulated around the internet. Now this is something that I noticed, the older generation seems to be uneasy with the fact homosexuals are able to be open about their sexuality, I mean, the younger generation seems to be able to acknowledge the fact that there are homosexuals out there and so what? But this is not the case with the older generation. I feel that there should be more articles published to educate the public about homosexuals. If this is not done, discriminating homosexuals, in my point of view is the new racism.

Ok, back to AI! Having said that Kris is going to be receiving the votes of the older generation, the religious people, the homophobic people and the young girls with raging hormones who think that he is “soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo cute!”. Well, I’m not saying that Kris is a bad singer, I’m just saying that during the early rounds I predicted that he would leave before Anoop and I didn’t think that Anoop would last very long so yea, I’m kinda surprised seeing him in the finals. But I’d rather see him than that Gokey guy who I think was exploiting the fact that his wife just passed away. I mean, we all get that he just lost his wife and I’m not being insensitive or anything, but this is a SINGING competition, not a show for you to remind us a million times that you’re heartbroken over your wife’s death.I know I sound like harsh bitch, but I don’t need a constant reminder of how sad he is.

Let’s analyse Kris and Adam now shall we,

View Image

Kris Allen

Best performance to date would have to be his version of ‘Heartless’. If you haven’t heard it yet, go listen to it and make sure you listen to the Live version of the song. I literally melted when I heard him sing. Out of no where came this voice which could calm you soul and make you all jello and stuff. I was like “Wow”. I can’t really comment on his other performances cause I always don’t pay attention when he’s singing, I would be either talking to my mom or chasing pumpkin around the house. If Kris is able to sing like how he did for ‘heartless’ for all of his songs tonight, I say he will give Adam some good competition. But I don’t think he can snatch the title away from Adam.( I’m sorry for being biased here, but I happen to be an Adam fan if you didn’t know already)

Adam Lambert

View Image

*screams*

I’m crazy for Adam! Give me half a chance and I’ll marry the guy!! *screams more*

The best performance of Adam, for me personally would have to be ‘Mad world’ and ‘If I can’t have you’. The guy has killer pipes! Most amazing vocals I have ever heard!!! I think he’s better than David Cook ( I happen to be a Cook fan as well).And mind you, in my world, not many people can be better than David “The God” Cook. If we lived in a fair world, he would win, but the fact remains that the world aint fair, and hopefully, people will see pass all the gay stigma the society has and VOTE for ADAM LAMBERT.

I pray for Adam to win. But at the end of the day, I can’t VOTE.So, may the best man win. You never know, maybe Adam will screw up tonight and Kris will do everything right. ( I pray that it wont happen). Omg!!! i just can’t wait!

Remember to watch the results show LIVE on StarWorld tomorrow at 8.00 AM.

View Image

Love,

Lady Sha Sha

2 comments:

princesz said...

every wer i go seems to be hit by ADAM-ania. so much that my mom is a fan. now thats saying sumn!!
dont worry babes..adam will win!

Shamala said...

*sniff-sniff* It was a sad day today.. As if someone had just died.