Thursday, May 21, 2009

A Dark Day in Idol Land

“But there is suffering in life, and there are defeats. No one can avoid them. But it's better to lose some of the battles in the struggles for your dreams than to be defeated without ever knowing what you're fighting for.

Dearly beloved,

We are gathered here today to mourn the loss of our Idol, Adam Lambert. His loss in the Nokia theatre echoed across the seas and mountains and was felt here, in the very heart of Gombak. In my house. A dark cloud has been cast upon us Adam fans. And I pray that we, more importantly, I, will recover from this traumatic experience soon.

Adam was an amazing singer, had the best vocals in the competitions, and yet America claims that it is not good enough to win the title of  ‘American Idol’. A title which was meant to be given a person with the best vocals. This is by far the biggest upset in Idol history. I had to endure the painful screechings of Kris Allen singing ‘No Boundaries’, as I stared at the TV with disbelief. How could this have happened?

You think I’m being biased? Even Simon Cowell did not stand up to acknowledge Kris’s victory. What can I say? I wasn’t even able to vote for Adam. Kris can sing, but Adam is a better singer and that is a fact. You can never run away from facts.

Let me analyse how the two of them sang yesterday.

In round 1, Adam did a spectacular job with ‘Mad World’ and so did Kris with his song. At that point I thought that this was going to be a tough fight. Then came round 2, where, in my point of view, Kris butchered ‘What’s going on’ and I preferred the All-Star version of that song a million times compared to Kris’s version. And Adam did well compared to Kris. So my spirits were lifted. Then came round 3 where Adam practically BLEW Kris out of the competition. And that was when I thought, Adam sealed the deal in becoming the next American Idol. How very wrong I was.

I never knew that the American Idol voters were a bunch of deaf people. Since they were voting for a SINGING competition, proper hearing capabilities are often needed.

In case you haven’t watched the show, make sure you pay close attention to Kris’s reaction when Seacrest announces that he won. Even he was in a state of disbelief. Even he knew better. Even he KNEW that Adam was suppose to win.

Almost 100 million votes came in, and until now I still can’t find out by how much did Kris win it. I am not going to say that the competition is rigged, because deep down inside, I should have seen this coming. Let me list out the reasons why Adam lost.

1. The Idol voters are partially deaf

2. The tweens would have voted for Kris cause “he so cute”. (Damn you hormone-raging tweens!)

3. Kris got the Christian vote as he happens to be a worship leader.

4. The Homophobes voted for Kris.( People need to be more open minded)

5. Adam’s goth look scared away the Grannies.

And that is the most that I can think of in this troubling times.

All I can say is that Adam didn’t need to win Idol. He is already famous and a star in his own league, BUT, since he entered the competition, it would have been nice to see him win it. America got it wrong this time.

Well, at least we will know where Kris is heading towards….

 

Go to fullsize image

Yea, that’s right. He is headed down the path which Taylor Hicks and Ruben took. The path which leads the AI winners to become Nobodys in no time. Oh,let us not forget that Fantasia also walked down that path.

Now I shall return to my dark corner in my room and continue to mourn Adam’s loss today.

Love,

Lady Sha Sha

2 comments:

princesz said...

hahaha...hormone ranging tweenz!
nice post babe

Shamala said...

LoL! Thanks!