Friday, March 27, 2009

Shop and Heal the Economy!

Ever since the portfolio submission, I have been rather relaxed and happy. I know we have to study but.......... I think we all deserve a break from the books.

I went to watch Confessions of a Shopaholic today, and it was fun! I think that it is a movie which all girls/women are able to connect to and a movie where guys will learn to understand why we love to shop. :)

After the movie I treated myself to some retail therapy and I spent ..............  ard 100 bucks on lunch and goods..what did I buy?? Well I walked into SaSa just for fun and ended up with mascara, eye lash curler and eye make-up remover( which I don't know why the lady made me buy since the mascara wasn't exactly waterproof). After that I went over to Axezzzz and they were having sales up to 70% so I got some accessories.. and then I went over to Marks & Spencer and bought more stuff...and well, lets just say I got myself some stuff which weren't even needed in the first place but what the hell? Let's just get them anyway.(I think I might have spent more than what was stated above)

Since the start of the year all I've hear was " The economy is bad, recession, bla bla bla.." and I never really understood why people were complaining abt the economy.. I mean, the British pound is now worth ard RM5 and isn't that a good thing?? I mean when I was doing my Alevels it was like RM7 or something.. and now its lower.. YaY! Stop complaining.

The only economy crisis ( mind u I know NOTHING abt the economy and am blindly speaking here) which I seem to notice is how the price of the groceries have increased which irked me. I mean, these are stuff which people buy to survive and they shouldn't increase the prices. I mean, if people are losing jobs, it means that they wont have money and increasing the price isn't helping much! My local supermarket here have replaced the famous brands with some never-heard-before brands. Which is also irritating because I want the things which I use to buy not some cheaper rip-off version of it. Now I have to go to major stores like Jusco to get my supply.

Here is an interesting fact which I discovered, the more u spend, the more money u are pumping into the economy to help re-build it. So what I'm saying is that if u go out and shop, u will help restore the economy and hopefully that will reduce the prices of my groceries! :)

I feel that I have done my part today in restoring the countries economy by spending blindly on stuff which I don't even need. You should too. So I urge u to go out there and throw your money around like there's no tomorrow and hopefully, we'll have a better economy state or whatever it is which I don't understand at all.
Anyway, moving on from something which I have no idea about to something which I have a teeny-weeny bit of understanding about, Earth Hour.

How many of us are really going to turn off the lights for an hour tomorrow? And can it actually make a difference? I mean, 1 hour once a a year..isn't that kinda SMALL??? How much can u save by doing it once a year? I am not convinced that it is actually gonna help stop global warming. If it was done once a WEEK, maybe yes, then it can make a difference, but ONE HOUR ONCE A YEAR???? I dunno.. I mean seriously????

I haven't decided if I'm gonna turn off my lights tomorrow in the name of saving the earth and look like a complete fool because I know my neighbours and everyone in my neighbourhood aren't gonna do it. So if you happen to be an earth hour supporter, please convince me to do it.

Love,

Lady Sha Sha

No comments: