Saturday, January 10, 2009

Lessons that are meant to be learnt

Every person has problems. Every problem has a solution. For every problem there is a lesson to be learnt and taught. The most important part of the problem is whether or not the lesson was learnt.

To be able to learn from problems is to be able to analyse it when it shows it self to you rather than just focusing on solving it.I'm not saying don't solve your problems, I'm saying that in every action that taken, there are certain things that need to be understood and learnt. If you want to see the bigger picture, just look back 5 years ago, see where you were and see where you are now.Analyse how much of your character that has changed. Judge for yourself whether the change was for the better or for the worse.

I look back 5 years ago, at the beginning of 2004, and I feel a sudden pang of nostalgia.For some people it was a horrendous period in their lives and they are glad that it is long gone and forgotten behind them. For me, I use it as a tool to see how much of me has changed ( Plus, I see it as one of the best times of my life! :) ). Back then I was arrogant, kinda of a bully ( which I regret,and am truly,deeply sorry for being one), and the world was at my feet.

Now, I don't think I am as arrogant as I was before, I don't bully people any more, and I don't think that 100% of my world is at my feet. But I think, I am who I am today because of the everyday lessons learnt that changed who I am now. I think now I realise that arrogance brings you no power ( although it did work back when I was in school), I realise that making people's life miserable so that we could laugh was a horrible thing to do(And yes, slap me in the face for the things that I have done), and most importantly, not everyone sees you as a priority ( which is why the world is not at my feet)

If there was one thing that I have retained from 5 years ago, which I am still proud of is my confidence and determination to do whatever I have set my eyes on. Tell me otherwise and I still will not believe you until I have gone through it and learnt my lesson. I admire myself for actually being able to still have that "fire" in me for after so long. Even when I'm not as popular now as I was 5 years back, I think I managed to preserve values and habits which benefit me dearly. And I am proud of being able to do so. Confidence and determination are easily shaken if a person does not believe in themselves and if they are filled with self doubt.

With growing, we learn, with those lessons learnt, we become wiser. Am I wise? NO. Am I wiser than 5 years ago? YES.

Love,

Lady Sha Sha

No comments: