Sunday, January 18, 2009

Expectations

Expectations, what are they? I think they are what people hope or expect us to do. And F.Y.I, I hate it! Especially when someone lets you know that they are expecting some things from you. It only ends up mounting unnecessary pressure on the individual. And if you don't meet that expectation, you'll only end up being disappointed with your self and you'll even go on feeling horrible that you have let someone down. I mean, right now everyone is complaining about how the current semester is like a fucking killer semester. I don't need to be reminded of it thank you very much. However, the lecturers of IMU feel that it is a MUST to remind us about it. I mean, you tell me that in the early of the semester, fine. But please stop repeating it! Plus, there are some lecturers whose names I refuse to mention due to respect, have the tendency to discourage the students from achieving the very best. I mean, they are suppose to be older than us so wouldn't that make them wiser?? Shouldn't they know that MOST students have a tendency to make their minds up about something and stick to it? I mean, they walk in and say, "This module is very tough" or something along the line which tells the students that it is impossible to get an A for that particular paper. Knowing the students they will start to make excuses when they fail to understand something from that particular subject.

I mean, if you want us to do well, shouldn't you encourage us?? I have a feeling that the lecturers don't really want us to step up and bring it to the table. Or maybe they want to see who doesn't get influenced by what they say. I dunno, but one thing I'm very sure off is that the only lecturer in IMU which I can say gives motivation to us is none other then our dearly beloved Prof. Peter. I mean, maybe he's the only one who realises that we constantly need to be motivated. We are students, every now and then we need a little nudge to push us. I know we are suppose to be responsible for our own learning and all but we are MALAYSIAN students, and we were spoon fed all the way. This is when we are informed that learning is our responsibility. And throwing us straight into the fire isn't the wisest idea. I honestly don't understand why some lecturers have like heaps of hope on us and tell us straight to our faces that we disappoint them. Here is a word of advice, expect nothing and be surprised!

Love always,

Lady Sha Sha

No comments: