Tuesday, December 1, 2009

The weekend away

Last weekend was spent at Taiping and Ipoh. I never knew catching up with my cousins could be so much fun!

I left here on Friday and my first destination was good ol’ Taiping!

I reached there around 11 something in the morning and we paid a visit to my aunt. After which we headed to Yut Sun…or something, I’m not sure about the spelling.:p

DSC00843 ~This was my lunch~

DSC00844 ~ And this was my dessert: Choco Tart~

The food there was OK. But the main reason I enjoyed it was knowing that I was having lunch with my family at the same place my grandfather used to come for lunch/ dinner/whatever..i just know that he always eats there. Maybe I’m extra nostalgic or something, but Taiping is a place full of history and memories for me, and it felt so good to be there again, even if the food in KL was better, I totally enjoyed my lunch there! :)

Then, I went to visit the great Ipoh Bakery in Taiping. I simply love the pastries there!!

DSC00873This is the egg tart & cupcake

DSC00874 

And this is the delicious chicken pie which is a MUST try! They always finish early.. Did I mention that they are freshly baked?

After lunch I headed of the the beautiful Taiping Lake Gardens…

DSC00846

DSC00860

DSC00864

DSC00866

DSC00869 

After sight-seeing around Taiping, we headed back to Ipoh for my cousin’s wedding reception. I’ll do a separate post on that event.:)

I just felt so happy to be back in Taiping, don’t ask me why. Maybe because my memorable childhood memories took place there, I don’t know. All I know is that I love the history and the food there.

Till next time,

:)

No comments: