Wednesday, December 23, 2009

A post all women/girls should read

Someone just got home from the hospital because someone went to get vaccinated against cervical cancer.

The gynae was a fun lady. She gave me a lecture before giving me the jab.

The contents of that lecture included the following:

1. She told me to ask/inform all my girlfriends to get vaccinated against cervical cancer.

2. She reminded me that after a certain age, women have to go for their annual pap smear and that it is IMPORTANT. Some of her patients whom have already been given this advise usually show up 5/6 years later after the cancer has progressed.

3. Cervical cancer is the ONLY cancer which can be prevented. But getting the vaccine doesn’t mean that you’ll never get it. Regular check up is still important.

4. Monthly self breast examination is IMPORTANT.

5. She said MOST women who come to her claim they examine their breasts every month, but when she asks to demonstrate, most of them do it wrongly. She said the technique is IMPORTANT.Click here to learn how.

6. Early detection saves you a lot of trouble.

7.  She told me to study hard and wished me luck for sem 6. :p

For more on the cervical cancer vaccine, click here.

No comments: