Friday, March 5, 2010

A post which you may not get.

I had an epiphany today. I was just reflecting about my week, and somewhere from there I realised that I have grown! And I’m not talking physically. =.=”

I’m talking about emotional and mental growth. And it happened so fast, I was like “o.m.g.” I was thinking about who I was back in college and suddenly, when I compared to who I am today, I realised that I’ve grown. I know this sounds weird, but the thing is, I’ve never really analysed myself in terms of emotional progress as well as mental progress. ( when I say mental progress, I’m referring to the way I think, not my intelligence)

And after realising that I have, in certain ways, changed dramatically compared to who I was in 2006, I went “Wow.” When you analyse your self, and study how much you’ve grown, you would actually realise how much wiser you’ve gotten!

I know this whole “me-realising-how-I've-grown” thing is weird, but it just pointed out another fact to me; I’m too caught up with my daily life that I never stopped to smell the roses, or in this case, reflect on myself.

And in the midst of seeing how much I’ve grown, I also came to realize, another thing : Nothing is permanent.

I realised that nothing in life is static, and most of the times, even when you are unaware, or when you think YOU are static, things are moving in a dynamic flow. You just don’t see them. This dynamic flow then affects you subconsciously and you are too caught up with you work, you don’t realise it, until one fine day when you decide to reflect on your self and you notice.

Look at me now, I’m a BPharm student. Will I permanently be one? No. Although I will always be a student, I won’t always be a BPharm student. As people, we will constantly be changing and evolving and adapting ourselves depending on our situation. No matter how much, or how hard I wish that certain things never change, I know it will. If I keep telling myself otherwise, then I’m just fooling myself.

The earlier you realise that you have to face reality, the more realistic you become, the more practical you become and the more sensible you become.

Bottom line: IT IS TIME I ACCEPT THE FACT THAT I’VE GROWN UP AND I’M NO LONGER A TEENAGER AND THEREFORE, I SHOULD STOP ACTING LIKE ONE.

 

~The End~

No comments: