Sunday, March 21, 2010

No such thing as difficult!

There is no such thing as difficult in life. I prefer to use complicated and time consuming but still do-able.

I’ve done a non-randomised non-clinical trial in my head and found that when a person uses the word difficult in conveying any message to someone else, the receiver of that message immediately has this thought that if something doesn’t work out, it is OK, cause it is difficult. I feel that the use of the word “difficult” has a very negative psychological impact on people.

When I was in Form 4, I had to do Additional Mathematics and everyone was saying that it was extremely difficult and so on and so forth. So, even before I attempted the subject, I had already made up a conclusion in my head that if I do badly for this exam, it is OK, because it is difficult. Meaning that it is OK to not do well in it. But then, once I started to force my self to work on it and improve my Add maths skills, I found that it was kinda easy. And today, when I came across this pic, I could not have agreed more. :)

 

I got this pic from here.

2 comments:

-radhika- said...

i agree :)

Shamala said...

Dee Dee, arent u suppose to be studying?