Friday, August 19, 2011

Tales from Kelantan!

I went from homeless, to a person living in a fully furnished house with an aunty and a doggie! :) We (Huey Chin and I) are renting 2 rooms, with attached toilets from this kind aunty here in Kelantan.(probably see her pics here soon.. :p) The house is 10 minutes drive to the hospital and also to the airport, and aunty has volunteered to fetch me to the airport when I intend to fly back to KL. So yea, in within 12 hours, most of the problems have been solved! :)

What I’ve come to know so far is, here weekends are on Friday and Saturdays, which means I work on Sundays. On Thursdays, I get off from work at 3.30pm! :)

Here, I’ve come to noticed that all signs have Jawi translations on them. Like these shops..

DSC01697

I can’t read Jawi, but I think it says, “McDonalds” ???

DSC01707

I know I may sound like a Jakun, but you don’t see this in KL so it was something new to me!

Went to the beach with my parents today. The beach here is WAAAAY cleaner than PD, and after walking along the beach, I had sand in my shoes. But what is a beach without sands right??? Here are some pictures from there! :)

DSC01701  PCB

pcb2

pcb3

Its a nice place PCB, they have rows of seafood restaurants facing the beach and I’m sure they will be packed once everyone has “buka puasa”. The drive there brought me to many batik shops, unfortunately, due to the fasting month, they were all closed. I’m looking forward to going there again, and this time, coming home with purchases!! :p

Had lunch at this Indian Restaurant opposite the ‘Dewan Perniagaan Cina Kelantan’ along Jalan Kebun Sultan (?? hope I got the name right). Honestly, if you ask kelantanese people they will say the if you want Indian food, head to “Meena curry house”. I will not say that. Meena curry house only serves banana leaf rice. Period. No thosai, chapati, naan, roti canai and all. If you ask me, the shop which sells authentic Indian food would have to be “Sri Devi”(The shop opposite the Dewan, unsure of the name.. :p). And I think the food there tastes better than Meena’s. Just my point of view. :)

Had dinner at this chinese restaurant recommended by Huey Chin which is located within walking distance to my hotel.

Didn’t manage to take much pics today because the camera is with my brother and he is on Vay-Cay, so I’ll have to wait till he gets back before I can snap like 1000++ pics. The pics here are courtesy of my handphone. :P

Hope 2mrw, at this time, I would be in my new room! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL!! i saw my name twice in ur post=.= HAHAHAH!! lets explore moreeeee!!!:D:D

Shamala said...

lets!! ;)