Friday, July 30, 2010

Masquerade

You always think you know a person,and then, something happens which changes everything.

This is applicable in relationships and friendships.

I guess people aren’t what they seem to be. I think people tend to masquerade in order to fit in. I don’t deny it, I masquerade as well, but not to fool people into thinking that I’m someone else, but to hide certain things to maintain my privacy. No matter what they tell you, if you confide in someone (unless that someone is trustworthy and you are extremely close to them), it is bound to get out. Maybe not immediately, but maybe 10 years down the road. Its human nature, don’t hate it, embrace it. Which explains why I rarely tell people really personal stuff about myself. But that’s because I have trust issues.

I’m not going to talk about my trust issues, I’m going to talk about people.

Have you ever attempted to study a person before?

I’m not asking you to judge them, I’m saying study them.

When you do so, you’ll realise certain characteristics about them, good and bad. You’ll also be able to predict their next move, and then you will realise how easy it is to understand people. Once you’ve studied them, you will have a rough idea about the way they think and their personality, and you can understand them better. Studying a person also helps you detect those who are masquerading and those who aren’t.

But not all of us have the time and skill to study a person. When we get the masquerading people, we take time to understand them, and accept them and get to know them, until one day, they take their mask off and you see the real person behind the mask and realise that you’ve been fooled. That is when you get the shock therapy and go, “ I never knew he/she was that kind of a person”.

You’ve been fooled to think that you knew them. You thought they were someone else, and it turns out that they weren’t.

I guess this happens a lot. And to most of us.

I think people should stop masquerading just to fit in. Because I think it is the same as lying and being fake.

Are you fake?

Are you a liar?

No comments: