Saturday, January 2, 2010

Idealism..

I was reading this article in RD yesterday about idealism vs realism and it just hit me, I’m transitioning from an idealist to a realist. And that is not a good thing.
That article reminded me a lot of the person I used to be. I used think that I was invincible. I used to think that nothing is impossible. I used to be carefree and didn’t really care of the things around me. I always thought that I could reach up high and achieve anything I set my mind on.
And now, I’m being more realistic. And I don’t like the realistic part of me, I want the Idealist part of me back! =(
I totally rock when I was an Idealist.
Being realistic and practical totally sucks! Maybe it is because reality sucks. Maybe it is because being realistic means I have to be more responsible. *sigh*
I’m adding another resolution to my New Year’s resolution, and it is to be more of an Idealist than the practical, realistic person I am now.
:)

No comments: