Friday, April 10, 2009

Welcome to the end

Ladies & Gentlemen,

Welcome to the end of semester 4. In this semester we saw fun times and faced some hard times. At the end of the day, old bonds were reinforced while new ones were forged.

There were lessons learnt during the past 14 weeks, some changed the way we look at things while others just didn’t change anything.

In the past 14 weeks I have witnessed growth amongst the people around me. Some were towards the light side, and some crossed over to the dark side. I think this is “the” semester where most of us actually did some growing up. Realisation hit us and changed the way we look at things from now on.

However, there are those who never change. Day in, day out, they remain the same. Some people just remain selfish without realising that selfishness does not pay. And I know this for a fact based on experience and observation. All the people whom I have crossed paths with who were selfish, never got any good out of it.So why bother being selfish? The thing which has me bummed out is that, why do these people still have such a backward mindset? Hasn’t reality hit them yet?

If there is something which I will never understand, it is why people are just so selfish and kiasu? I can never understand that. I tried, but I just can’t understand it. I thought that when you mix around, people will lose this mentality, but I thought wrong. Some people just never change.

I honestly think that people like that are really sad people. You have been given the chance to change for the better and yet you don’t take it. People should realise that you have to be an opportunistic kind of person to actually move forward and make changes to yourself. Bur I guess some people just don’t realise this.

This is the 15th week of 2009 and I have learnt some valuable lessons in life which will change the way I see things from now on. Have you?

Love,

Lady Sha Sha

No comments: