Saturday, February 16, 2013

When everything does not go as planned

When I was 16, I had it all planned out. The great 10-year-plan, where my life was headed, how it would turn out and how its gonna be. 

Fast-forward 10 years to NOW. Is it anywhere near what I had planned? NO. Is it going to be? I DON'T KNOW.

Somewhere over the last 10 years, my dreams and goals in life have slightly changed. I still remember what my ultimate goal in life was. But right now, I'm thinking that I should just live in the moment and seize the unexpected. Sounds weird, unplanned and very spontaneous but something over the last couple of months has changed me in a way even I don't know. Heck, I don't really know what I want anymore. Ask me what I wanted in life 2 years ago and I would have given you a long essay. Ask me now and I'll say, " We shall see where the river flows". This of course is not going down very well with my parents ( I haven't told them about my change of plans yet) and they keep mentioning when I'm going to carry on with my "future plans" and I keep making excuses to delay them.

I'm trying not to over think this, maybe its just my quarter-life-crisis, or maybe I don't want the same things I wanted in life 10 years ago. Either way, I'll  just let things play it out and I'll decide later. I'm very happy with where I am in life right now, lets not ruin that now shall we?

No comments: