Thursday, November 8, 2012

In between

I HATE OFFICE POLITICS!!

When you’re nice to A who is archenemies with B, then you become enemies with B, but if you’re already friends with A and be nice to B, A will not be happy with you and sees you as a “traitor” when in reality, YOU HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH ANYTHING!!! ITS LIKE WALKING ON A TIGHTROPE!

Never in a million years did I think that I would be most preoccupied by office drama. I thought I was working with grown-ups but it feels like I’m going to kindergarten. SERIOUSLY, IT IS EXHAUSTING.

I guess I will take to heart what a good friend once said, “I am here to work, not make friends”. So yea, I already have good people who call themselves my friends, so I guess I don’t have to be BFFs with anyone else.

Sometimes I wonder why people like to consume themselves with unnecessary drama. What does it get you? WHY do you need to be so selfish?

You know what I’ve learnt? The so called “kampung” people are way, WAY nicer than the “city folk”. The “city folk” are so caught up in being “in” or God-knows-what that I believe they have lost a substantial amount of humanity from their souls. (Sorry if I am being abit harsh here, but I WILL NEVER GET WHY THESE PEOPLE ARE MEAN TO EACH OTHER!!!!!!)

“Kampung” people are simple people who knows what RESPECT is. And honestly, I feel that “city folk” are superficial, self-centered people. I consider myself a “city-folk” but hey, living in a simple town for a year has taught me many things about life and one of them is about respect for others.

In my “simple life” I had job satisfaction. Now, I don’t have that anymore. I feel redundant! I guess when you focus so much on drama, you have less job satisfaction.

So the conclusion of my inconclusive rantings above are… I AM GONNA REMAIN NEUTRAL. I WILL NOT TAKE SIDES. AND I AM HERE TO WORK AND NOT TO MAKE FRIENDS. I ALREADY HAVE ENOUGH AWESOME FRIENDS IN MY LIFE. TQVM!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

wo hoo! is me again, a kampung gal frm kelate:P haha. yea, no worry, m here too. no more closed frds in hosp. so u r not alone!:P n m act kinda njoy this kind of life:P stay steady shamy!:D love ya!:)

u knw who m i:P

Shamala said...

Hey kampung gal!! :) yea, I think just focusing on work is the best way to stay out of things! :) U can always call me/sms me/PM me on FB! that way, u won feel lonely.. U know, like how I update u with alllll the gossips n drama! :D hehe! missing u.. bila mau turun KL?

Anonymous said...

LOL..okok, sure if i go i sure wil go kacau u! i MISS tat bronze color, or coffee color? FLX car!:P haha.. sure wan u bring me jalan2 n makan2. maklumlah here no korean food! n i MISS ampang korean food weh!! must go eat there.. yum yum.. so far kB stil gt no new restraunt.. oh ya, gt one newly open opp kuan ah, nex to the 7 days hotel... but not very very nice food lah..=.= ok keep in touch ya!:D