Wednesday, July 20, 2011

High school tales

Managed to meet up with a few of my friends from high school yesterday. Honestly, I shouldn’t call them friends from high school, instead they should be called childhood friends. Some of these girls I have known since I was in kindergarten and in primary school! It was nice to see them again after so long, although some could not make it as they were committed to their jobs and all (I’m still unemployed but soon to be employed. Hopefully in August), it was still nice to see them.

You know how they say that really good friends, no matter how long since they’ve last seen each other, they will be able to just pick up and start a conversation as if they saw each other yesterday? This was something like that. We may have not seen each other in awhile, but we still can connect, and I think that is what makes a friendship a friendship – the ability to sustain it no matter how long it has been since you last spoke to each other.

We’ve all more or less moved on into the next phase of our lives and are entering our careers, but reminiscing about highschool shenanigans was amazing. It shows how much we’ve grown and also how we kind of miss the old days. (I know I sound like I’m 50 when I say “the old days” but it does feel like it has been awhile)

Here are some pictures :)

THEN

 IMGP1412

IMGP1423

… and NOW

100_06971

* I’m aware that only Joanne and I are repeated in the “then and now” pics, but that is because some could not make it and I don’t really have the other pictures. :p

2 comments:

snowQueen said...

Great time catching up!! Thanks for organizing the dinner. Can't believe it's been 7 years already!!

Shamala said...

7 years ago we were innocent kids..now we're just innocent adults! :P